Working for Holyoke’s Priorities
- Stabilizing the City Budget
- Keeping Holyoke an affordable place to live.
- Stop the Massive tax increases
- Rebuild our Cash Reserves
- Responsible Capital Planning
- Ending the foolish and hurtful gas moratorium
- Ensuring Holyoke is treated fairly by Boston
- Equitable State Aid
- Getting local control back of our schools
- Improving our Reputation and Image
- Providing our residents with a high quality of life
- Expanding our City’s Receivership Program to clean up unsightly properties
- Continuing to help bring responsible economic growth and jobs to our city.
- Made important investments in our city such as building our new senior center, new library, our renovated Veterans’ Park, Renovated Community Field, Completely remodeled Holyoke High, new Fire Trucks and Police Cars, and miles of new roads and sidewalks.
- As the Father of 3 children in our public schools, Kevin has been a strong advocate for our city’s schools, teachers and children!
- Worked to Expand Community Policing & Improved our Fire Department.
- Tireless fighter for our working families and seniors
- Leading Advocate inside City Hall for transparency & accountability to the public
Most importantly, devoted father and husband
Committed to Public Service:
Education and Professional Experience:
- Your City Councilor for 24 Years
- Your City Council President for 6 Years
- Perfect Attendance at all Full City Council Meetings
- Works as a Healthcare Executive for a large National Health Provider supporting community hospitals and professional providers.
- Attorney and small business owner in Holyoke
- Chairman & Member of Holyoke Water Commission for 3 years
- Representative on Mayor’s Tax Squad to keep taxes low and budget balanced
- Member, Friends of the Holyoke Senior Center
- 4th Degree Member, Knights of Columbus
- Parishioner, Our Lady of the Cross Parish
- Has been very involved with youth sports including Holyoke High Football & President of WMASS Baseball Umpires Assn.
- Juris Doctor, Magna Cum Laude, Massachusetts School of Law Andover, MA, 2010
- Master of Business Administration, Anna Maria College - Paxton, MA, 1999
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science and Economics, UMass - Amherst, 1993
- Attorney At Law, Law Office of Kevin A. Jourdain, 2010-Present
- Hospital Finance & Managed Care Contracting
- Board of Appeals Member, Mass. Division of Insurance
- Tax Examiner, Mass. Department of Revenue
- Congressional Aide, U.S. House of Representatives
Recognitions & Awards:
- President, Holyoke City Council, 2012-2017
- City Councilor At Large, Holyoke City Council, 1994-2015
- Ward 6 City Councilor, Holyoke City Council 2016-2017
- Chairman & Member, Holyoke Water Commission 2019-Present
- Trustee, Holyoke Soldier’s Home 2018-Present
- Former Board Member, Pioneer Valley Transit Authority Advisory Board
- Former Trustee, Holyoke Community College Board of Trustees
- Former Supervisor, T.J. O’Connor Animal Shelter Board of Supervisors
- Fellow, American College of Healthcare Executives 2019-Present
- Graduate, Leadership Pioneer Valley, 2014
- Outstanding Service Award, Holyoke Community College, 2010
- Named one of the top 40 young professionals in Western Mass. by Business West in 2008
- Former Board of Directors Member, Young Lawyers Division of the Massachusetts Bar Association, 2011