Working for Holyoke’s Priorities
- Fought to keep our property taxes affordable
- Worked to stop sewer rate increases.
- Continuing to help bring responsible economic growth and jobs to our city.
- Balanced our budget, built up our cash reserves and improved our bond rating to A1.
- Made important investments in our city such as building our new senior center, new library, our renovated Veterans’ Park, Renovated Community Field, Completely remodeled Holyoke High, new Fire Trucks and Police Cars, and miles of new roads and sidewalks.
- As the only Councilor who sends his children to our public schools, Kevin has been a strong advocate for our city’s schools!
- Worked to Expand Community Policing & Improved our Fire Department.
- Tireless fighter for our working families and seniors
- Leading Advocate inside City Hall for transparency & accountability to the public
and, most importantly, devoted father and husband
Kevin's Qualifications to be your
Ward 6 City Councilor
Education and Professional Experience:
- Your City Councilor for 21+ Years
- Your City Council President for 3 Years
- Perfect Attendance at all Full City Council Meetings
- Works as Director of Managed Care for the Sisters of Providence Health System
- Attorney and small business owner in Holyoke
- Representative on Mayor’s Tax Squad to keep taxes low and budget balanced
- Member, Friends of the Holyoke Senior Center
- Chairman, Cable Television Committee
- 4th Degree Member, Knights of Columbus
- Parishoner, Our Lady of the Cross Parish
- Very involved with youth sports including Holyoke Youth Football Board of Directors & V.P. of WMASS Baseball Umpires Assn.
- Juris Doctor, Magna Cum Laude, Massachusetts School of Law
Andover, MA, 2010
- Master of Business Administration, Anna Maria College - Paxton, MA, 1999
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science and Economics, UMass - Amherst, 1993
- Attorney At Law, Law Office of Kevin A. Jourdain, 2010-Present
- Hospital Finance & Managed Care Contracting
- Board of Appeals Member, Mass. Division of Insurance
- Tax Examiner, Mass. Department of Revenue
- Congressional Aide, U.S. House of Representatives
Recognitions & Awards:
- President, Holyoke City Council, 2012-Present
- City Councilor At Large, Holyoke City Council, 1994-Present
- Former Board Member, Pioneer Valley Transit Authority Advisory Board
- Former Trustee, Holyoke Community College Board of Trustees
- Former Supervisor, T.J. O’Connor Animal Shelter Board of Supervisors
- Member of the Class of 2014, Leadership Pioneer Valley
- Outstanding Service Award, Holyoke Community College, 2010
- Named one of the top 40 young professionals in Western Mass. by Business West in 2008
- Former Board of Directors Member, Young Lawyers Division of the Massachusetts Bar Association, 2011